I would do an exact match of each of the 3 items in an OR logic search. Then do an Omit to find all the non-acceptable values.
Well, I would love to do an OR search.
If I search for PT or FT I get only the "PT or FT" entries.
If I serach for "PT" or "FT" I get the same thing, which makes no sense at all
If I search for PT and OMIT, I cannot then Constrain the Found set to search for FT and Omit.
What should an OR logic search on a single field look like?
Surprised that Help doesn't show this...
It is kinda weird, but you need 3 different Find requests BEFORE preforming the find.
in the Availability Field enter first Criteria of exact match as "==FT"
in the Availability Field enter second Criteria of exact match as "==PT"
in the Availability Field enter third Criteria of exact match as "==ANY"
Don't feel badly, it took me about 4 days to figure it out using FMP6. It was 2 sentences almost hidden in the User Guide. But for future help...
This was under Multiple Requests.
Yes linked page explained much better!
So it did work, omit worked.
Now I would like to change all remaining records, field Availability, to Null or empty.
1. Find/Replace won't work as there are a lot of values that should be erased.
If you are manually doing this and not scripting....
Once you have isolated the Faulty set of records... Reading your first post....
1) Put in focos or select the AvailabilityComments field... Under the Records menu.. Select Replace Field Contents...
2) To move the data.. select Replace with calculated result: and click Specify..
3) then put is this calculation Availability which will move the data for you. Read the top sentence on the Repalce Field Contents dialog to verify.
4) Click Replace which will move the faulty data to the new field.
5) Next put in focus the Availability field and repeat but this time the Calcualtions shoud be Null or just ""
Of course back up your file before doing this to confirm this procedure.
That Records option is so often grayed out, when you don't have a field selected, that I missed it.