4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2009 1:45 PM by axlrose

Find and Replace a Blank Field

axlrose

Title

Find and Replace a Blank Field

I am wondering if there is a way to search for a specific blank field and replace it with the text Local.  I created a new field and need to do this. is there any way possible . please help. thanks.

• 1. Re: Find and Replace a Blank Field
          RSchaub

GNR,

If you created a field recently, would 't they are be blank

Anyway in find enter =

only. by entering an equal sign while in find mode it will find and all the blanks

To replace use the tool bar replace command.

• 2. Re: Find and Replace a Blank Field
            axlrose
               thanks but thats not working for my situation. i have to do a search for zip codes begining with 91. then i pull up about 260 records. then from those 260 records i need to change the new territory field i just created to have the text Local in it.  when doing find replace and entering = in the find box and for replace i put Local. it doesnt find any or replace anything.  when i goto find and type = it finds all the blank entries for that field but i need it to find the blank fields in the 260 records already found. i hope this makes sense. please help thanks. GNR RULE
            • 3. Re: Find and Replace a Blank Field
              raybaudi

axlrose wrote:

i have to do a search for zip codes begining with 91. then i pull up about 260 records.

... then:

1) insert the word "Local" into the new territory field of the first found record

2) from menu: Records >> Replace Field Contents... >> Replace with "Local" ( this will be the default value )

3) Replace

Done. ;)

• 4. Re: Find and Replace a Blank Field
                axlrose
                   THANKS SO MUCH! :)