1 Reply Latest reply on May 31, 2011 9:11 AM by philmodjunk

Find and Replace in Scripts?

WalterBarrueto

Title

Find and Replace in Scripts?

FMP 10 - on MAC

Our company just changed our URL.  This obviously effects any script that refers to our URL or any script that uses email addresses.  Is there a way to perform a "find and replace" within all of the existing scripts?  The change is so simple too.

OLD DOMAIN:

domainabcdef.com

NEW DOMAIN:

domainabc.com

We just dropped the last three letters from our domain.  I have many scripts that contain the web address and email addresses in the body of email scripts and other actions.  Is there any easy way to change all of these?  Thank you for your time and help.  If you have any questions, please let me know.  Thanks!

• 1. Re: Find and Replace in Scripts?
          philmodjunk

If you have FileMaker Advanced, you can generate a database design report and search it for instances of this URL. There are 3rd party tools, I believe, that can also do this so you may want to web search for them.

In the future, if you replace explicit references to such data in your scripts with references to data stored in a utility table of such values--which can be loaded into global fields and or variables by a script when the file opens, you can update your database by editing a record in this table rather than by searching out all the places where there is a reference to the URL as a literal quoted string of text.