1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 18, 2012 11:00 AM by philmodjunk

FIND first XXX records

wbanks

Title

FIND first XXX records

I'm using FMP 12.

I have a script that causes my FMP to crash when it's executed over a larger number of records.  As this database will always have a large number of records, is that a way that I can limit the number of records on which the script is executed (say the first 500), then loop it to the next set.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks.

- Will

• 1. Re: FIND first XXX records
          philmodjunk

Not when performing a find and your database file shouldn't crash like this.

Have you tried recovering the file? I would guess that the file is damaged in some way.

Things to keep in mind about Recover:

While Recover almost always detects and fully corrects any problems with your file...

1.           The recovered copy may behave differently even if recover reports "no problems found".
          3.           Recover does not detect all problems
          5.           Recover doesn't always fix all problems correctly
          7.           Best Practice is to never put a recovered copy back into regular use or development. Instead, replace the damaged file with an undamaged back up copy if this is at all possible. You may have to save a clone of the back up copy and import all data from your recovered copy to get a working copy with the most up to date information possible.

And here's a knowledgebase article that you may find useful: What to do when your file is corrupt (KB5421).