2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 11, 2014 4:22 PM by AlexE

Find from multiple values using info from related table

AlexE

Title

Find from multiple values using info from related table

Hi, 

I hope I'm clear and this is probably fairly simple but I've been struggling to fix this. 

I have 2 tables. SALES_DATA and STORE_INFO

SALES_DATA is a list of items and associated sales information (SKU, description, STORE_NUMBER...)

STORE_INFO has territory details of each store, each store has it's own record and contained in each record is (STORE_MANAGER, REGIONAL_MANAGER...)

What I want to do is select a REGIONAL_MANAGER (checkbox, drop down list... doesn't matter how) and display all the items from all the STORES located in the REGIONAL_MANAGER's territory)

I'm drawing a blank. The store numbers from SALES_DATA & STORE_MANAGER are related.

• 1. Re: Find from multiple values using info from related table
          philmodjunk

First make sure this works:

Go to your Sales_Data layout. Add the field for regional manager from Store_Info to your layout. If your relationship is set up correctly, you should see the regional manager field show the same data for every Sales_Data record for every store that has that particular regional manager.

If so, then you can enter find mode, specify some criteria in the Regional Manager field and perform a find to get all Sales Data linked to the specified Regional Manager.

The next step might be to set up a field with global storage and formatted with a drop down list of Regional Managers. A script can use the data from that Global Field to perform the same find that you did manually, but using the data from the global field instead. The script will not need the regional manager field to be present on the layout, but you may want to keep it in order to confirm that the script worked as expected.

For examples of scripted finds that use criteria from a global field see: Scripted Find Examples

• 2. Re: Find from multiple values using info from related table
            AlexE

It works perfectly, thank you! I knew I was overcomplicating things!