AnsweredAssumed Answered

Find in Calculated Field based on Summary Fields not working

Question asked by Pine on Jul 14, 2009
Latest reply on Jul 14, 2009 by etripoli

Title

Find in Calculated Field based on Summary Fields not working

Hi,

I am trying to make it possible to find a "payback balance." This = months of obligation incurred by receiving grants, minus months worked to pay back the obligation). Primarily, I want to show the positive balances, which are the cases where an obligation still exists. Negative balances (less than zero) mean the obligation has been more than paid off, so I would like to (be able to) omit those. 

My find for > or < than 0 is for a calculated field (payback_balance_c) that's based on two summary fields. It doesn't work! The find doesn't work for values other than zero, and the "omit" function doesn't work, either.

payback_balance_c produces correct calculations, but I can't find subsets based on those calculated results. If I enter >9, >0, omit something, etc., it returns all records. If I search for a specific result that I can SEE is in there, it says no records match that request!

The calculation uses two tables: Grant and Job.  In Grant, payback_balance_c = total_pb_due_s - Job::sSumMosPdBack.

• total_pb_due_s = Total of pb_due_c    [where pb_due_c = If ( term = "sem" ; 4.5 ; 3 )]
  • Job::sSumMosPdBack = Total of months_paidback    [where months_paidback_c = days_paidback_c / 30, and where days_paidback_c = end_date - start_date]

I am using FMP 10.0 ver1. All calculations are unstored.

Suggestions would be appreciated!

Outcomes