1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 5, 2010 12:18 PM by philmodjunk

Find in portal does not respect table relationship

YairBenita

Title

Find in portal does not respect table relationship

Hi All,

I have a problem with the find command. I have a portal from table B in a layout connected to table A. The relationship between A and B is set via 3 fields.

The portal always displays the correct information. However, when I search within the portal, I think that the find commands looks for all records in table B that match the criteria, without respecting the relationship between A and B.

Just to give more details to make it clear. Lets say table B has 6 fields and is connected to A by fields 1, 2, 3. When you search table B via a portal on the A layout, lets say you look for a value in field 4. I assumed it would look for the value in field 4, for all the related records to table A (meaning values 1,2,3 are automatically set). However, that is not the case. All the records in table B with the field 4 value get selected and that creates the wrong selection of records from table A. The only way to correct it is to make sure the find command includes values from fields 1,2,3,4.

This is a bit annoying since it means I have to display fields 1,2,3 on the portal - which I prefer not to do.

Does this make sense? Any good solution?

Thanks for the help.