2 Replies Latest reply on May 2, 2014 7:46 AM by grouper

Find matching records in a new layout according to a value in previous layout

grouper

Title

Find matching records in a new layout according to a value in previous layout

Hi all,

I have 2 problems i can't figure out by searching through the forums :

1. My db has a parent table with clients (name, address, etc) and a child with appointments (date, evaluation results in that date, etc). The main layout form used is based on the parent table and presents the client's details and the appointment dates (in a portal) with their respective results per date. However, since some results are very extensive (50+ fields), i created a button that opens a new layout. This new layout is based on the child table and includes only these extensive results. The problem is that once the layout opens, it has to display only the matching records for the client that was being viewed in the previous layout. I tried the find matching records option, and the constrain according to the child_FN_id (which matches the client_id in the parent), but it doesn't work right. I can't figure out how to tell FM to filter the results according to the child_fn_id value that was present in the main form before opening the new layout.

2. I 'd like to have an additional field with the names of the clients in the child table as well (a field that would copy the respective value from the parent for each child record)

thanks in advance