2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 1, 2013 1:27 PM by DomingoUgarte

Find MAX timestamp and get value from another field of same record

DomingoUgarte

Title

Find MAX timestamp and get value from another field of same record

Well first off,.. I want to say hello to everyone here and thanks for taking your time to read this question. I searched the forums but have had no luck finding this so I'm sure I just don't know how to word it... Well here goes.

Essentially I have 2 tables 

Expenses and ExpensesData are related by an auto enter serial number field in Expenses.

ExpensesData contains one field called ApprovalTimeStamp that holds a timestamp. It also holds an Approver field containing a text field with the AccountName of the person who has approved that expense data. These values get populated by script.

In Expenses I made a calculation field, FinalApprover that I want to show the following value, the account name of the person who has made the last approval based off the Max(ApprovalTimeStamp) 

I thought a lookup calculation for FinalApprover might work like this but i was using this incorrectly

Lookup (Expenses Data::Approver ; Max (Expenses Data::ApprovalTimeStamp) )

Could someone point me in a direction,( function) that can help me get my intended results?