2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 4, 2012 12:23 PM by JeffLacker

Find not working in FileMaker Pro 8 (web access)

JeffLacker

Title

Find not working in FileMaker Pro 8 (web access)

I just used instant publishing on FileMaker Pro 8 and i am trying to do a find on a record and am getting error message "There are no valid criteria in the request." Same option works fine when using the application but not through the web version.  I have not used this web version before so I may be doing something wrong.  Please help. Thanks.

• 1. Re: Find not working in FileMaker Pro 8 (web access)
          philmodjunk

Are you performing a script that performs the find or are you doing the find manually?

If this is a script, please post the script.

To post a script to the forum:

1. You can upload a screen shot of your script by using the Upload an Image controls located just below Post A Answer.
          2. You can print a script to a PDF, open the PDF and then select and copy the script as text from the opened PDF to your clipboard for pasting here.
          3. If You have FileMaker advanced, you can generate a database design report and copy the script as text from there.
          4. If you paste a text form of the script, you can use the Script Pretty box in the Known Bugs List database to paste a version that is single spaced and indented for a more professional and easier to read format. (Use the HTML option on the database tab panel and paste the text into the forum's HTML editor.)
          • 2. Re: Find not working in FileMaker Pro 8 (web access)
            JeffLacker

No script just entering a number manually inorder to search for a record number.  Very simple lookup.  Thanks.