Find on calculated field returns no matching records
I'm using Filemaker Pro 11.0v3. I have a calculation field which uses data from related tables, so the calculation result is unstored. When I perform a find on the field it returns no matching values although I'm certain those values exist in the data.
I've done some Googling, but I can't find a solution to this exact problem.
- The calculation result is stored appropriately as text.
- The field shows a magnifying glass, indicating that it is searchable.
- The QuickFind indicator is yellow, so I would expect slow searching but not no searching. Ticking or unticking the QuickFind box doesn't change things.
- Ctrl-I in the field to show the index shows nothing (as expected)--but should it show an error message or just no result?
- The file is hosted on a server in our organization, not on my local machine--some threads I have found suggest this might be a problem.
Anyone have an idea on this?