6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 3, 2015 11:35 AM by GisaelGomez

Find or quick search in a portal - showing only found records within the portal

miw

Title

Find or quick search in a portal - showing only found records within the portal

I have three linked tables, Car and Driver and Location.  In my Location layout, I have a portal (through a linked table called CarsDrivers which shows all Cars and Drivers linked to the selected location.  I have made the each Car and Driver table field within the portal active in find mode and quick search mode.  However, when I search for a particular type of Car or Driver, my portal continues to show all records for that Location (I do note however, that the search must have been done since in my header it will now say #instances/#total found (unsorted).  So the search/find is clearly going on but I can't get my portal to show just the found records.  I have monkeyed with the filter portal records to no avail although I suspect my answer lies within getting that specification correct.  What is the correct calculation to show only those records for which a find (in any of the portal fields, i.e. Car and/or Driver in this case) is made within the portal?