2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 28, 2011 12:51 PM by synergy46

Find problem...

synergy46

Title

Find problem...

OK. This really isn't a FIND problem. I think FIND is working as designed. It is more of a 'user' problem. But, here goes:

I wrote this script: see below
      The first line sets a variable $LastFirst equal to a concatenation of last and first names.
      Everything works great until I get to the 2nd from the bottom line. (In Blue)
      That PERFORM FIND ($LastFirst) locates the record that was showing BEFORE the PERFORM FIND "Members" or PERFORM FIND "Candidate" BUT IT RESETS THE RECORD COUNT TO 1 of 1. (which is should)

Question: "Is there some way to do a find on all the "Members", for example, and then locate the record that was showing BEFORE the FIND and thereby avoid the record 1 of 1? (which should be more like 1 of 14)

ishot-524.jpg

• 1. Re: Find problem...
          Sorbsbuster

For some reason the forum appears to have lost my post to this this morning.  Here's the bottom line, much shortened.  I would:

Set Variable [$MemOrCand ; members:: Mem_Can]

Set Variable [$RecordID ; RecordID ]

Enter Find Mode

Set Field [members:: Mem_Can ; $MemOrCand ]

Perform Find

Go to Record [First ]

Loop

Exit Loop If [RecordId = $RecordID ]

Go to Record [Next ]

End loop

I'd also check for $MemOrCan being blank.

I couldn't see where you set the variable $LastName

I would have thought you need Exit Script steps at the end of the first two finds - the script will always perform the last find.

• 2. Re: Find problem...
            synergy46

Fantastic!!! Worked exactly as desired.  I think I need to go back and take my Cobol 101 course again!!! Or, am I 'dating' myself?  Cool

So, "Thank you very much" for taking the time and making the effort to help!