3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 12, 2015 12:50 PM by philmodjunk

Find records that do not match

nancyf

Title

Find records that do not match

I have 2 fields in my database that should match.  One is a calculation, the other manual entry.  I want to create a script to find all records where these 2 field do NOT match.  I tried a quick find using Table::Prop Number Seperated  ≠ Table::Prop Number field without year.  but it didnt' work?  any thoughts?

• 1. Re: Find records that do not match
          davidanders

What is the calculation for the field? Type of field (text, number, date?)

An example of matching fields?

An example of not matching fields?

• 2. Re: Find records that do not match
            nancyf

Field #1 (Proposal Number Separated) = Text, auto enter serial number on creation

Field #2 (Proposal Number field without year) = Calculation, result number right(Proposal number; 5)

This does NOT match…someone created a proposal and then changed the number.  Both numbers should be 22987.  IT happens if someone edits creates a Revision, Addendum, etc.  When they create a new record, it auto enters a new proposal number.  Staff is supposed to revise, but sometimes doesn’t.  I wanted to create a button to find them and correct them…

• 3. Re: Find records that do not match
              philmodjunk

Such fields should not be editable by the user in the first place.

But you can define a calculation field with a number result with your expression that compares the two fields:
              field1 = field2

Search for all records with a zero in this field to find all where they do not match.