AnsweredAssumed Answered

Find records then create new data entry fields

Question asked by tomo17 on Jan 19, 2011
Latest reply on Jan 30, 2011 by Frinholp

Title

Find records then create new data entry fields

i am using filemaker pro 11 and have had some limited success creating some simple databases.

I am creating a database to record data in a school environment.  At the moment i have been able to create three tables -  a student information table that has name surname, year group and class number; a year/class table; and a table that shows the sports taught in specific years.

I have been able to generate finds so that i can get students in a particular class or year.

I am stuck on the next step where i want to search for a class and then add the assessment fields for a chosen sport ie yr 8 class 1 sport volleyball

For each of the sports there is a number of skills that are given a numerical score ie for volleyball -  a set, a dig, a spike etc

Once entered this information then feeds back into a summary page that generates some grades for reporting.

My questions are:

- Do i need to create a table for each sport with the skill areas that are being assessed or can i put it into one table?

- will i need a layout for each sport?

- how do i create a script so that finds the relevant students in a class then goes to an entry page for the sport?

I hope this makes sense.  Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards 

Tomo

Outcomes