Return to FileMaker.com
Find Request Looking for Any Alpha Character
This has to be easy, and I'm just missing it.
I have a "text" field in which 98% of the entries are numeric only. The other 2% have alpha characters mixed in with the numeric; usually as the first character. How do I find just the 2%?
Enter Find mode and enter this criteria:
The asterisks tand for "0 to any number of characters". The # stands for any numerical digit.
Then click the omit button to omit all records that contain a numerical digit.
Perform the find.
This can also be scripted.
Retrieving data ...