4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 25, 2013 6:48 PM by CarlisleLandel

Find scripts in IWP

CarlisleLandel

Title

Find scripts in IWP

I've got an FMP12 database that is being served over the web by Server.

I have a simple script:  Perform Find, in which I've specified the find request.

The script works fine when using FMP to access the database, but using when using the Web version it doesn't seem to do anything.   Supposedly, this script step is web compatible.

What am I doing wrong?  Do I have to instead do this in a roundabout way?  I.e., something like:

Enter Find Mode, Set Field (with the value I want searched), Perform Find

Thanks,

Carlisle

• 1. Re: Find scripts in IWP
          philmodjunk

Can you post the exact script?

In particular, do you use Set Error Capture in the script?

To post a script to the forum:

1.           You can upload a screen shot of your script by using the Upload an Image controls located just below Post A Answer.
          3.           You can print a script to a PDF, open the PDF and then select and copy the script as text from the opened PDF to your clipboard for pasting here. (with this approach, you can get multiple script steps on the same line, please edit the pasted text by inserting some returns to separate those steps.)
          5.           If You have FileMaker Advanced, you can generate a database design report and copy the script as text from there.
          7.           If you paste a text form of the script, you can use the Script Pretty box in the Known Bugs List database to paste a version that is single spaced and indented for a more professional and easier to read format.
          • 2. Re: Find scripts in IWP
            CarlisleLandel

Here it is, really simple:

Perform Find [ Specified Find Requests: Find Records; Criteria: Projects::Status 2: “Invoice” ]

[ Restore ] 

• 3. Re: Find scripts in IWP
              philmodjunk

Add set Error Capture [on]

As the step immediately preceding it. Does it make a difference?

• 4. Re: Find scripts in IWP
                CarlisleLandel

Duh-OH!  Figured it out.  The problem lay in the preceding script to this one, which was supposed to determine if the connection was being made via web or via FMP.  If by web, it was supposed to exit; instead I had set it to halt the script.  

Sorry to trouble you.