7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 24, 2013 8:22 PM by hferrell

Find Sets product false returns

hferrell

Title

Find Sets product false returns

False returns on search.  When search is running on a Table with Tabs, I get false returns.  I always get false hits from the same two records; these hits should not be returned.   All other returns are correct. 

The problem search is on a field that is a radio button, and the search request simply asks if the radio button is selected or not.  I can change the field/radio button to be selected or not and still get the same false hits.   

• 1. Re: Find Sets product false returns
          philmodjunk

Examine a copy of that field with the radio button formatting removed for the two records that are being found that should not be found. If data is entered into a field with radio button or check box formatting that does not match any of the values in the field's value list, the field will appear empty, but there is still data in the field that might be matching your find criteria.

• 2. Re: Find Sets product false returns
            hferrell

I changed the radio button to a text field and looked at inside the field.  Field is empty on the two troubled records.  When running the search again I still get the false returns on the same two records.

• 3. Re: Find Sets product false returns
              philmodjunk

What criteria are you using for your find?

• 4. Re: Find Sets product false returns
                hferrell

When using the Find on the home page, the search runs correctly.  The problem occurs when I am using my defined script search with a trigger button.  The other scripts’ designs work fine; it is just this one.  Button Setup, Found Sets, Perform Find, and Specify find requests where request is “= accepted”.  “Accepted” is the only entry into this field; if not accepted, the field is blank.

• 5. Re: Find Sets product false returns
                  philmodjunk

It's possible that you are not on the correctly layout. So far, I have assumed that you have only one table and one layout involved, but if you perform a search from a layout based on a different table occurrence than the one in which you are specfiying criteria, you might get such a result.

I suggest posting the actual script you are using.

To post a script to the forum:

1.           You can upload a screen shot of your script by using the Upload an Image controls located just below Post A Answer.
                  3.           You can print a script to a PDF, open the PDF and then select and copy the script as text from the opened PDF to your clipboard for pasting here.
                  5.           If You have FileMaker Advanced, you can generate a database design report and copy the script as text from there.
                  7.           If you paste a text form of the script, you can use the Script Pretty box in the Known Bugs List database to paste a version that is single spaced and indented for a more professional and easier to read format.
                  • 6. Re: Find Sets product false returns
                    hferrell

One day something will be easy.  I am reworking search and try sending.

• 7. Re: Find Sets product false returns
                      hferrell

Eureka!!! Working now.  Not sure what I did; however,  I believe that I was trying to run a find not a script with the Button Setup.

Thanks for your suggestion.