3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 26, 2012 10:00 AM by philmodjunk

Find text string with quotes

galeton

Title

Find text string with quotes

Hi. Would someone be able to help me with this? I have a text string in html that I would like to use in a find script step. the text is     <div id="postBodyPS">    I have tried     "<div id="postBodyPS">" and   "<div id="/""postBodyPS"/"">"        and

"<div id=""/""postBodyPS"/""">"  All with no luck, I imagine it's something minor that I'm missing. Thank you.

• 1. Re: Find text string with quotes
          philmodjunk

Use this string:

“<div id="\”postBodyPS\””>”

It has three parts:

"<div id="  ---> this part is in quotes so that < is not treated as an inequality operator

\”postBodyPS\”   ----> literal text with the \ used to "escape" the quotes so that they are treated as characters not quotation mark operators

”>”   ----> in quotes for the same reason that the first part is in quotes

• 2. Re: Find text string with quotes
            galeton

Thanks for the reply. I copy and pasted your formula but I get a popup box saying  "a number or text constant is expected here"  between the first " and \"    “<div id="\”postBodyPS\””>”. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks.

• 3. Re: Find text string with quotes
              philmodjunk

I missed the the fact that you are doing this within a script. My post was how to do this in a manual search.

If you are using set field to set up your criteria, do it this way:

Quote ( “<div id=" ) & "\”postBodyPS\”" & Quote ( ”>” )

or

\"“<div id=\""& "\”postBodyPS\”" & "\”>\”"