3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 19, 2015 8:42 AM by philmodjunk

Finding a specific word/result from a variable text string using a calculation

tdeppen

Title

Finding a specific word/result from a variable text string using a calculation

I am importing check box fields from an online order form into my filemaker database by building a script. The csv file generated from the website has the check boxes looking like this (all in one filed): "Collate| Saddle Stitch| Score| Perforate| Insert".
      I currently have this field dumping the results into my "collated" field with my FM database. In my filemaker file we have separated each checkbox field into individual text fields with "X" or ""(nothing).
      I would like to try and create a simple calculation that would find just one option in this variable text string that I am getting back from the online order form such as the word "Score". Notice that the data I get does not have a space before the first selection. At this point, once I would have the calculation finding a specific word I would have another calculation find my "score" field and populate it with an "X". Any ideas how to build a calculation that will find any given word from a variable text string then have it place a "X" if the statement is true? 

example.jpg