1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 6, 2015 6:54 AM by philmodjunk

Finding records in one table that don't match records in another table.

BrianPatton

Title

Finding records in one table that don't match records in another table.

I know this must be so easy. I have two tables. One has subscribers to the first three issues of my magazine, the other has subscribers to the next three issues of my magazine. I want to determine who didn't resubscribe. My plan is to identify the email addresses in the first table that are not found in the second table. How can I do this? Its the most basic question in the world but you are really helping me.

Fitz

• 1. Re: Finding records in one table that don't match records in another table.
          philmodjunk

I have two tables. One has subscribers to the first three issues of my magazine, the other has subscribers to the next three issues of my magazine.

That isn't a design that makes a lot of sense. It would be better to use one table for all subscribers linked to a table of all subscriptions.

But working from your current design, If you define a relationship linking the tables by email address, you can put the email address field from table 1 on your table 2 layout, enter find mode, put a single asterisk (*) into that field, select the Omit button and perform your find.