2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2014 10:31 AM by RobertClovis

Finding records with empty fields then populating those fields

RobertClovis

Title

Finding records with empty fields then populating those fields

I have three tables involved, Bill, Transactions and Client.  Bill is the primary table,  the other two relate to it.  Each Bill record can only have one "client" but it can have multiple "transactions".

Each Transactions record has three date fields (Creation Date, Modified Date and Report Date).  The Report Date (Transactions::tRptDate) is not populated until the record is prepared for reporting.  Until then the record is considered "pending".

I need to do two things:

1.  Be able to locate all Transactions records where the (Transactions::tRptDate) is empty,  while constraining those records to a particular Client ID number (Bill::__fk_ClientIDNo).  Basically, I'm looking for all "Pending Records" for a particular Client.

2. In a separate script, possibly executed at a later time, be able to perform the above script and then populate the (Transactions::tRptDate) in all found records, with a date of the users choosing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I've been working on this for a week and the results are less than satisfactory.