AnsweredAssumed Answered

First Login Fails Second Attempt Succeeds

Question asked by LeighMoore on Jan 8, 2013
Latest reply on Jan 14, 2013 by LeighMoore

Title

First Login Fails Second Attempt Succeeds

Hello,

I seem to be have a very strange problem. I have FileMaker Server 10 and FileMaker Pro 9. The database files are hosted on the FileMaker Server with the exception of one FileMaker file which is on the desktop. I have external authentication setup on the FileMaker Server and it working as expected.

The sole purpose of the FileMaker desktop file is to automatically open the Main Menu database on the FileMaker Server. This is done by executing a simple script when the FileMaker desktop file is opened which opens a remote database. Nothing complicated.

The Main Menu database hosted on the FileMaker Server is accessible through the File > Open Remote Menu.

When the FileMaker desktop file is first opened there is a delay in trying to open the Remote Database which eventually results in a login dialog prompt. If I cancel out of the dialog and close FileMaker and then click on the FileMaker desktop file for the second time, the Remote Database opens successfully. Subsequent attempts result in a successful Remote Database connection. If I reboot the computer, the problem comes back and I have to perform the previously mentioned workaround.

If I reboot the computer, open FileMaker and access the Main Menu Remote Database via the File > Open Remote dialog, the connection is made successfully without a login dialog prompt.

This issue is most annoying to the non tech savvy users in the organisation that I manage and have been asked to find the solution to get FileMaker to work as expected without hassles.

Any ideas on how to solve this problem?

Outcomes