1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 10, 2014 11:27 AM by dklein@tgroupmail.com

Flash Video In FileMaker 13 Web Viewer

dklein@tgroupmail.com

Title

Flash Video In FileMaker 13 Web Viewer

Hello all,

I'm trying to embed videos from Vimeo into a filemaker layout using the Webviewer functionality. All my users are Mac based and have the latest flash player installed.

However, when the web viewer loads, I'm getting "Missing Plugin" errors. 

Does filemaker no longer support flash video?

I would have preferred to use HTML5, however, vimeo's particular flavor of HTML5 player only loads a black screen inside the web viewer.

Thanks for the help!

• 1. Re: Flash Video In FileMaker 13 Web Viewer
          dklein@tgroupmail.com

Hi All,

Looks like it's an issue in how vimeo now handle's video embedding. Rather then trying to use iframes, which is how their current embed code works, I needed to directly link to the source based on the old embed code (which vimeo no longer supports). The HTML5 video player doesn't appear to function within filemaker, even though loading quicktimes directly work's fine.

Here's my code incase anyone else needs it in the future. It's set directly as the URL for the web viewer and "Projects::videoID" is the vimeo specific ID of the video which can be found in the main URL on vimeo's page.

"http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=" & Projects::videoID & "&force_embed=1&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=0&show_portrait=0&color=00adef&fullscreen=0&autoplay=0&loop=0"