AnsweredAssumed Answered

Floating Window

Question asked by dekade1 on Dec 26, 2008
Latest reply on Jan 1, 2009 by dekade1

Title

Floating Window

I am having trouble getting a 'new window' script step to do what I want it to do. I have a few windows open. I have the main one I am working with maximized. Let's call that window "Table A". The other windows are just behind "Table A" in no particular format (minimized or maximized or etc.).

I am now wanting to script to open a 'new window' "Table A-2". This would be a copy of "Table A". When the new window opens I want it to be about 1/3 the size of the original "Table A" and I want "Table A" to stay in view just the way it currently is. I want to be able to drag "Table A-2" around on top of "Table A" and do mouse interaction with either window at any time, but, retain "Table A" maximized with "Table A-2" being able to float around on topof "Table A".

Where am I stuck? Well, I can open a new window "Table A-2" BUT I cannot get it the right size nor can I get window "Table A" to stay the size it was to begin with.

So if that is happening I probably will have trouble with mouse interaction also. So, I guess I'm just stuck period with making the whole thing work.

Thanks ahead of time for any assistance.

Outcomes