5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 16, 2011 1:40 PM by TSGal

FM + Outlook 2011?

JamesAnderson8228

Title

FM + Outlook 2011?

Just installed Office 2011 for OS X. I have some Filemaker Pro version 11 databases that have scripts for creating emails.  The emails are created just fine if I have Mail.app set as the default mail client. If I sent Outlook as the default mail client the script will pull up Outlook, but it doesn't create an email.  Any ideas?

• 1. Re: FM + Outlook 2011?
          philmodjunk

According to FileMaker Help:

...to send mail through an email application, you must have the following configurations.

Windows:
           •
          A [Mail] section in the Win.ini file.
           •
          Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Outlook Express and Eudora installed and configured properly.
          Mac OS:
           •
          Mac OS X Mail or Microsoft Entourage installed to send email with FileMaker Pro.
           •
          Internet system preferences configured for use with one of the supported mail applications.
           •
          If you use Eudora 5, start the Eudora application before performing this script step.

I don't see Outlook listed as a compatible email client for Mac...Frown

• 2. Re: FM + Outlook 2011?
            TSGal

James Anderson8228:

Thank you for your post.

Our Development and Software Quality Assurance (Testing) departments are aware of this issue and is being investigated.  No other information is available at this time.

TSGal
            FileMaker, Inc.

• 3. Re: FM + Outlook 2011?
              ThomasWeps

Hi,

I've the same problem. With Entourage and Mail everything is OK. I use FM 10. Today I installed the trial version of FM 11 and did the sw update, but the same problem

I already contacted the telephone support hotline, but they did not have a solution for me and advised me to search the forums.

Hope there will be a sloution soon.

• 4. Re: FM + Outlook 2011?
                TSGal

All:

Outlook 2011 for Mac was just released.  FileMaker Pro 11v2 will currently not work or send emails through Outlook 2011.

No other information available at this time.

TSGal
                FileMaker, Inc.

• 5. Re: FM + Outlook 2011?
                  TSGal

All:

Please download FileMaker Pro 11.0v3 updater at:

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7886

In the notes for this update, it states:

"Mac OS X: Addressed an issue where Send Mail did not work with Outlook 2011."

A couple of users are still reporting issues, and we are investigating.  The main point is if you are sending an email to multiple email addresses, Outlook 2011 requires a semi-colon separator; not a comma.

TSGal
                  FileMaker, Inc.