4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2014 3:01 PM by philmodjunk

FM 10 - Scripting/Trigger Question

wkparkjoe

Title

FM 10 - Scripting/Trigger Question

I'm currently using FM10 Server Advanced to host an IWP form that we use to track new hiring processes (what steps the new hire are on in the hiring process).

I have two fields setup, one as a checkbox called "Required Lifting Evaulation?" and the other is "Lifting Evaluation Result". What I'd like to have happen is if the required checkbox is blank, then the result text box should say "N/A". If the check box is checked but there is something in the result text box already, don't blank it out or change it. Only change it to/from "N/A" if the result text box is blank to begin with.

I haven't figured out a good way to handle this through IWP. Any suggestions?

• 1. Re: FM 10 - Scripting/Trigger Question
          wkparkjoe

So I came up with the solution I've had to do in the past and that's put a button that calls a script. This was a work around for this solution.

I also noticed that OnRecordCommit via Layout does not work with IWP on FMSA10. I was hoping to do another logic that if one field was a value 'a', set another field to value 'aa' otherwise set it to value 'bb'. Pushing the submit button in IWP doesn't call a script defined in the OnRecordCommit from what I can tell. Any other suggestions?

• 2. Re: FM 10 - Scripting/Trigger Question
            philmodjunk

Script triggers cannot be tripped by a user interacting with the layout through their web browser in IWP at all. The only way an IWP user can trip a script trigger is if the script that they performed by clicking a button or opening the file does some action, like changing layouts, that trips a script trigger.

• 3. Re: FM 10 - Scripting/Trigger Question
              wkparkjoe

Hi Phil:

Thanks for the reply. Sorry for wasting a post with a question that keeps getting repeated. I got frustrated trying to find a solution outside of a button or layout change to cause scripts to execute. Thanks again.

• 4. Re: FM 10 - Scripting/Trigger Question
                philmodjunk

It's one of the reasons why FileMaker Server WebDirect was produced with FIleMaker Server 13. It does support the tripping of Script Triggers for a web client. The downside to that is that WebDirect requires FileMaker Server where IWP could be set up for a limited number of users with FileMaker Pro as the hosting application.