FM 11 adv. Conditional Value List with Depth
need some help with the following problem. I am making a database with products and invoices. For a costprice calculation, i need the price for the shipment of a container.
Products are shipped from a port to a destination in a specific container.
There are serveral ports (Shanghai, Hong Kong etc), with several destinations (Rotterdam, Hamburg etc) in different containers (40' dry cargo, 40 feet high cube etc).
My take on this is:
- container price
Transportation table with
- Port (value list with all values from Port table)
- Destination (value list with values related values from Products Table)
- container (value list with values from Container Table)
- Price (inserted with above specifications, port and destination)
Port Table with:
Destination Table with:
Container Table with:
- specifications (like cubic meters)
My problem is the relationship to make it work.
product table -->transportation table
transportation table -->port table
transportation table --> destination table
transportation table --> container table
After that i am pretty must lost...got it to work with 1 level....but after that nothing. Any help on this would be much apreciated....
btw....i read the several info on it...but its not working for me