AnsweredAssumed Answered

FM 11 crash with specific file, can't solve

Question asked by Federico on May 19, 2010
Latest reply on May 27, 2010 by Federico

Title

FM 11 crash with specific file, can't solve

Hi, my name is Federico. I work with FileMaker 11 Advanced in Mac OSX 10.6.3.

FileMaker crashes very often while i am working on a specific solution, and runs properly with other files. I tried to clone an older backup (i had to redo some work) but, after some hours of work, problems again.

I am developing this solution in data-interface separation. I have only 4 tables and about 10 layouts and scripts, for the moment. This solution was created with FM 10 Advanced, and after the update i began to work on it with FM 11. There are only few records for testing, but there is a layout with about 400 fields and 6 portals. I use container fields to make buttons: for a while i supposed they were the cause of my troubles, so i remade them after cloning again the files. Same story: everything ok for some hours, than FM crashed when i resumed my computer from Stop; reopened the files, i was modifying a portal when crashed again. I've noticed that often crashes when i modify the 400 fields layout. May the problem depend on the big number of fields?

Another thing: i've modified the relational graph to fit it to anchor-buoy rules. But i didn't need to change so much...

Many thanks!

Outcomes