3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 21, 2010 12:07 PM by philmodjunk

FM 11 doesn't show my pictures in converted database

EdWilkinson

Title

FM 11 doesn't show my pictures in converted database

I have 2,300 jpegs that reference some products and none of the pictures show. The message says "file cannot be found" even though the images are in the same folder as the database file.

I can re-import the jpegs, one at a time, but it will take forever! How do I simply make FM see the jpegs that they saw in FM10?

Thanks!

Ed

• 1. Re: FM 11 doesn't show my pictures in converted database
          philmodjunk

There's no file conversion when upgrading from Filemaker 10 to 11. The only changes are to the application itself. Thus, you shouldn't have all your referenced images disappear on you.

What other changes have you made?

Is your file still in the same location it was when you used FileMaker 10?

Have any directories or drives that contain the images files been renamed?

To look for possible issues, you might create a calculation field that returns text, select the name of your container field as the sole term in its expression and place this field on the layout next to the container field. The third line of text in this field will show the filepath and you can check this to see where the container is looking to access the file.

• 2. Re: FM 11 doesn't show my pictures in converted database
            EdWilkinson

That's what I thought...no changes to ANYTHING! Everything is intact, folder containing pix is the same, file is the same, everything is just the way it was.

That's a good answer...I'll try that. Thanks!

Ed

• 3. Re: FM 11 doesn't show my pictures in converted database
              philmodjunk

If everyting looks correct, you might try testing a recovered copy of the file--perhaps the file or layout has a problem that only becomes apparent with FileMaker 11.

Best practice is never to actually use a recovered file, but instead to replace the recovered file with an undamaged back up copy if it is at all possible.