2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 28, 2011 8:27 AM by philmodjunk

FM 11, threading, and mySQL

rjlevesque

Title

FM 11, threading, and mySQL

So I am building a solution that I wish to create a live connection with my mySQL database. I will have as many as 5 users connected. 

Now, I can look up how many can connect, etc.

What I need to know is with this type of deployment, does mySQL and/or FileMaker handle multi-threading in this configuration and prevent dual access of a file or field?

I don't need two or more people trying to edit the same record at the same time. hehe

--------------------------

looked everywhere I know to look for this answer, still unsure...

• 1. Re: FM 11, threading, and mySQL
          rjlevesque

Still hoping someone can point me in the right direction to read up on this...

anyone?

Just need to get my hands on the miraid of sleepy technical info to read up on this subject...can't find the info I need anywhere.

• 2. Re: FM 11, threading, and mySQL
            philmodjunk

Hmmm, FileMaker does a decent job of managing record locks (locks that keep two people from editing the same record at the same time) and I would assume MySQL would do as well, but you'd need to check their documentation on that.

I don't know what would happen if a Filemaker User and a MySQL user tried to edit the same record at the same time however...