2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 19, 2011 1:22 AM by PeroTrokadero

FM basics

PeroTrokadero

Title

FM basics

Guys im new here and im already having trouble.

I used Invoice template and i wanted to change one thing, is it possible to make one button on invoice tab that when is clicked opens the products DB in list mode and let you pick what items you want to add to invoice. Solution provided in template seems a bit wierd to chose from drop down list especialy if you have 200-300 items to sell, and especially that wont let me add items by part number or item name, only by itemd ID.

Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: FM basics
          philmodjunk

With scripting, it's possible to do. You can even pop the list up in a small floating window where you click a product record to add it to your portal.

You can also manage larger value lists if you break them up into categories and set up a conditional value list so that you select a category in one value list formatted field and then the ProductID field's value list lists only products that are a member of that category.

Here's a demo file with conditional value lists: http://www.4shared.com/file/f8NsU2DJ/ConditionalValueListDemo.html

You can also, with scripting set up the drop down list to be an auto-complete equipped list of product names that is yet able to enter the Product ID into the appropriate field.

Here's a demo file that contains that method (among others):  http://www.4shared.com/file/plr_jbkk/EnhancedValueSelection.html

If you'd prefer to use the exact method you describe. Let me know and please let me know whether or not you've done any Filemaker scripting before.

• 2. Re: FM basics
            PeroTrokadero

Thx Phil, will check them out, and yeah i never done any scripting before :). Anyhow i let u know my results, thx again for fast respons and help