2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 3, 2009 9:26 AM by Lefteris

FM Pro 10 - Weird Error Msg : 'That is not Correct for this Indicator'

Lefteris

Title

FM Pro 10 - Weird Error Msg : 'That is not Correct for this Indicator'

Hi - I'm new to this forum, but not Filemaker (I used it on Apple Macs when it was just Filemaker!) - I've recently upgraded our old v5.2 database to FM Pro 10 - now on 10.0v3

Most has gone well with the 9-file relational database for Job Costing and Billing, but I am getting an error msg with some data entry scripts as above, then forcing me to revert the record entry to a point of deletion.  They all have 'Pause/Resume' functions and I have read the script stepping indicator has changed when you de-bug in FM Pro Advanced.  But that doesn't help me, since I don't have advanced !  And anyway, I can't see why that should be a problem.

I have checked all the validations and formats and can't find anything wrong, so before I create a whole set of files to send off to Support, I thought I'd see if anyone here has any bright ideas

Thanks in anticipation

• 1. Re: FM Pro 10 - Weird Error Msg : 'That is not Correct for this Indicator'
          comment_1
             It looks like either a custom dialog called in the script, or a custom field validation message.
          • 2. Re: FM Pro 10 - Weird Error Msg : 'That is not Correct for this Indicator'
            Lefteris

Hi, thanks for that - it worked although I'm not sure what other probs it might have left me.  I did have 2 marker fields in cost and job records which had auto-entered values every time a new record was created - I'd forgotten the exact wording of one (and it seemed a bit techy for me!) - and then validation to check what was entered was right both at making a new record and as the job progressed.  Presumably the text formatting has changed somewhere, and the validation did not like the entered data, even tho under FM 5.2 it's been doing it for over eight years !  The database's age gives me excuse for forgetting the text I'd used, and hardly ever seen since.  I used the Database design report from my copy of FM 5.5 Developer to quickly find the culprits and hopefully all is now well.

Thanks, again, I'll keep you posted if I come across anything else

Terry Cook