4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 2, 2015 6:30 AM by TSGal

FM Pro 13: Records not displayed

ShariEckley

Title

FM Pro 13: Records not displayed

I am using Filemaker Pro 13 with the very latest updates. I recently received a copy of a new database that contains well in excess of 7 million records with 25 plus fields. Previously when viewing a copy of an earlier  database which contained approximately the same number of records, I had no issues in viewing all of the records.

I received a new updated CD with approximately the same number of records and all of the records are not being displayed. I have confirmed that they can be viewed and the CD is good by viewing the records in Microsoft Access. However, in FM Pro 13 these records cannot be viewed. The last 400,000 plus records are not being displayed. At first I thought it may have been a decryption issue so I went back and went through the process and decrypted the data, converted it to an FM Pro database as I have in the past and same thing. I cannot see the records and this is causing a serious issue. As noted, I have confirmed that the files are fine as these can be viewed in MS Access.

I am at a loss as this just started and have not had these issues in the past.

Help !

• 1. Re: FM Pro 13: Records not displayed
          philmodjunk

I suggest reporting this as a possible bug in the Report an Issue part of this forum. (see tabs at top of this screen.)

• 2. Re: FM Pro 13: Records not displayed
            ShariEckley

Here's a sample screen capture of what I am seeing. These are both taken from the same database. Note the account numbers in the F1 field. The capture from MS Access displays what is indeed the highest account number in the database and it is correct. The FM Pro screen capture I took shows the highest account number displayed of the SAME file by FM Pro. This is a very serious issue for us and is extremely problematic. The first screen capture March CD is from Filemaker Pro.

• 3. Re: FM Pro 13: Records not displayed
              ShariEckley

This is the same database opened with MS Access which correctly displays the highest account number in the database. Note that FM Pro is displaying 465,741 LESS accounts/entries in this database. Note in the search field I did a search for the highest account number in the database which is 118746116. No records found. The operative question is WHY?

• 4. Re: FM Pro 13: Records not displayed
                TSGal

Shari Eckley:

Thank you for your posts and screen shots.  The Microsoft Access file shows 9,776,320 records while the FileMaker Pro database only shows 3,970,345 records, so there are approximately 5,800,000 records missing; not 400,000.

From Excel, export the records to a comma-separated values or tab-separated values text file.  Then, import the text file into both Access and FileMaker Pro.  Does this work?  If so, then there is something in the .xlsx file that FileMaker Pro is having difficulty reading.  What version of Excel is being used to create the file?

TSGal
                FileMaker, Inc.