AnsweredAssumed Answered

Fm pro 8.5  Trying to creat a barcode triggered membership tracking plus db

Question asked by TimDailey on Mar 12, 2012
Latest reply on Mar 13, 2012 by philmodjunk

Title

Fm pro 8.5  Trying to creat a barcode triggered membership tracking plus db

HELP. I have this situation. Scanner will place number in field. Then I need to run a script and or series of subscrits to log either patron attendance, Guard log in and out (for payroll), Guest time in and patron number they are connected to, the guard will also record the chemical readings for pools and lastly guards will log any incident reports.

They will only have the barcode reader, no other input device. Unique barcodes on membership cards (seven digits starting with a "1") and each gaurd will have a unique barcode (seven digits starting with a "2") They will have a binder with other unique barcodes that will enable them to access the Chemical log and allow them to scan the appropriate Chlorine and Ph levels for the pool they are recording into the db.

I have the scripts written to lookup the correct info in the Patron Info file and the Guard info file using the "if left ...="1" then run ..."

I can not figure out how to write the script to transfer the scanned number into the attendance log layout (or any other layout) so that the script will create a new record and lookup the appropriate info.

And if I put a "tab" command into the printed barcode will that be enough to trigger the script?

Outcomes