2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2011 8:28 AM by Terri

FM Pro11 Script corrupt

Terri

Title

FM Pro11 Script corrupt

We have been using this scripts for months, no trouble whatsoever. Nothing has changed and no one has fiddled with the script. But this morning suddenly we get the script cannot be found or has been deleted error. If we hit ok a few times, it eventually gets to the correct end result. In fact, I just created a new script and when I run it for the first time it also says the script cannot be found or has been deleted. And to top things off, when I hit the exit preview button I get the same thing. This is part of filemaker, not a script I have created.

What is going on?

• 1. Re: FM Pro11 Script corrupt
          philmodjunk

Your file may be damaged. Open FileMaker without opening the file. (Take it down off the server if it is hosted from FileMaker Server.) Then select Recover from the file menu and see what is reported.

Things to keep in mind about Recover:

1. Recover does not detect all problems
          2. Recover doesn't always fix all problems correctly
          3. Best Practice is to never put a recovered copy back into regular use or development. Instead, replace the damaged file with an undamaged back up copy if this is at all possible. You may have to save a clone of the back up copy and import all data from your recovered copy to get a working copy with the most up to date information possible.

• 2. Re: FM Pro11 Script corrupt
            Terri

Thanks Phil, we do have a server and I asked our admin to download the backup from 4:00 pm yesterday and that worked fine.