AnsweredAssumed Answered

FM SERVER 12, FM PRO 12 and FM GO 12 sound files.

Question asked by John_1 on Dec 10, 2014
Latest reply on Dec 14, 2014 by John_1

Title

FM SERVER 12, FM PRO 12 and FM GO 12 sound files.

I added a container to my records in my database. The container is to record a sound file. When I record my voice in that container on the client on a Windows PC, I can record and playback on all other clients on Windows PCs. But I cannot play and listen to it on my iPad using FileMaker go. My Windows PCs and my iPad's all connect to my hosted file on a Windows server 2012 R2 machine. FileMaker go on my iPad allows me to record my voice to that container but it won't allow me to play it back. I cannot play it on any of the Windows PCs. I tried all different possibilities such as internal or external storage, secure and insecure. I also tried to optimize the container for a interactive content. What was interesting is that when I inserted in MP3 file on the desktop from my iTunes library it worked across all platforms, windows and iPads. And I was able to listen to that song from my iPad container and my Windows PC container. I know that microphone sound waves are stored on a Windows PC as W MV or other windows format. Where as on an iPad they are stored as MPEG 4. I spent days to make it work but I finally gave up. Any thoughts!!

Outcomes