AnsweredAssumed Answered

FM10's Email Campaign Management - never ending loop

Question asked by jtoynbee on Dec 2, 2009
Latest reply on Feb 9, 2010 by jtoynbee

Title

FM10's Email Campaign Management - never ending loop

Using FM10 on iMac G5, OS10.4. Very new to FM.

I am trying to use the above standard database to manage a contacts list for a community project I am invovled in. Got everybody's details in fine. Created groups, campaign templates all fine. But when I run a campaign a coupe of things happen. It produces emails correctly (addressing them by first name and inserting email in to:) for about 10 (57 contacts in database), then it misses a couple, then it does one correctly then misses a couple and so on for a bout 40 emails. Then it goes on to creat 400+ (that was the point I stopped it, see below) emails without an email address or name. The only way to stop it was to force iMac in to shutdown. Couldn't forcequit either FM or Entourage. Any ideas? All contacts have valid emails and a name in the name field.

I have tried test sending to individual contacts via email client as above and this works fine. Only seems to foul up when I send to more than one and use the campaign.

In the mean time I have been sending out e-mails find just using the standard STMP function sending the same unpersonalised text to each. This works fine.

Thanks in advance.

Jeremy Toynbee

Outcomes