1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 26, 2010 11:38 AM by Steve Wright

FM10, 11 Toolbar at TOP is a bad layout for widescreen

R12GS

Title

FM10, 11 Toolbar at TOP is a bad layout for widescreen

Yes this seems a big step backward with FM10 and FM11, is does not align with the new hardware.

LEFT toolbar is necessary for MODERN wide screens.  It would be preferable to return to FM9 style of LEFT toolbar ONLY ---- to accommodate modern computer screens.

And switchable to TOP would be good feature, but first, make default on the LEFT side.

Another post commented on this but I suppose it did not get any traction due to the subject title (FileMaker 11...do they listen) not interesting or searchable.  I hope my post gets someones attention or resurrects this complaint.  If not maybe some of you forum-pros can suggest a title that will get noticed.

(FileMaker 11...do they listen?)

It's a lot of work to change all of my layouts to accommodate a "bad idea".  It is my hope that FM11 will be restored to the LEFT SIDE -------> and save me this work.  As it is now, avoiding updating so I won't have to change all the layouts is the more attractive option.  But I'm missing out on offering lots of new FM11 functions.  It's a Quandary.

• 1. Re: FM10, 11 Toolbar at TOP is a bad layout for widescreen
          Steve Wright

Theres a lot not to like about the new toolbar, personally, my solutions have them locked / hidden but thats me..

I would love for the original toolbar to have remained as an option depending on my preference or solution.

Ive said this on another forum, FMI need to think about adding new features.. not replacing features.

Same with the removal of some of the right click menus, I love the new inspector, but sometimes (perhaps due to habit) the right click menu could be handy too.  I don't see why they had to remove something that was working, just to add a new feature, they could both co-exist letting users work how they want to work.