3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 14, 2010 5:59 PM by Jonny.d

FM10A IWP Won't Start

jshels

Title

FM10A IWP Won't Start

Hi,

I'm having an issue where I get an error that says Instant Web Publishing can't be started. I know this issue has come up a number of times but I haven't been able to find any concrete answers. I'm running 10 Advanced on Leopard Server. I've tried reinstalling FileMaker and deleting the web.prefs file.

Any suggestions?

Thanks 

• 1. Re: FM10A IWP Won't Start
          TSGal

jshels:

Thank you for your post.

If Instant Web Publishing can't get started, that usually points to a port conflict.  Since you are on Leopard Server, try stopping all other processes.  It still may take a couple of minutes to release the ports, and then try launching FileMaker Pro again.  If this is unsuccessfull, reboot the Server.  Remove the following Preferences file:

User Account -> Library -> Preferences -> com.filemaker.client.advanced.plist

(or possibly com.filemaker.pro.advanced.plist...  I have several versions installed on my computer)

Launch FileMaker Pro and see if the problem persists.  If so, create a new user account, log-in to the new user account, and launch FileMaker Pro.  Does this work?

Any other information you can provide may be helpful in narrowing down the possible cause(s).

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: FM10A IWP Won't Start
            jshels

Thanks TSGal!

Was a port conflict. The key was to be patient and wait a minute or two after turning off all other services.

Thanks 

• 3. Re: FM10A IWP Won't Start
              Jonny.d

I'm having the same problem.  I get the error message that iwp can not start.  However, I'm running fmp 10 advanced on Windows XP.

I normally run my software on a Mac but decided to have this iwp dedicated to an old PC.  Please advise what files to delete on a PC