1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 29, 2012 12:45 PM by ralvy

FM11 Runtime scripted imports very slow

ralvy

Title

FM11 Runtime scripted imports very slow

I have a solution that has no FM11-specific features, so I can build its runtime with either FM10 or FM11 without a problem. I notice a tremendous difference in time it takes a scripted import to complete when the runtime is built with FM11. I'm talking about an import that might take a couple of seconds with the runtime built with FM10, that takes maybe 30 seconds or more with the runtime built with FM11.

The import is done when the user receives a new version of the runtime. It imports their old data into the solution. At quick glance, it appears that the slowness is only present when the runtime engine runs the solution, not when the solution is run by FMPA. I can get more specifics later if nobody has experienced this and it's not a known problem.

Anyone else notice this?

• 1. Re: FM11 Runtime scripted imports very slow
          ralvy

I still don't upgrade my runtime clients from FM10 to FM11 because of this. I just did another test with more records. An import that takes 30 seconds with the FM10 runtime takes 2.5 minutes with the FM11 runtime. Exact same solution in each case. This test is done under Windows 7. I guess I should post this in the problems forum, since nobody has responded to this post in a year and a half.