2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 30, 2012 5:12 PM by JoelCornette

FM12 - Line Effects Gone? Embossed, Engraved, etc

JoelCornette

Title

FM12 - Line Effects Gone? Embossed, Engraved, etc

Designed a new database with FM12 and it seems like line effects of FM11 are gone?  Anyone know how to turn on the Line Effects like Emboss, Engraved etc.  I pulled a previous database and they appear to at least display in FM12.  Thanks in Advance ...

• 1. Re: FM12 - Line Effects Gone? Embossed, Engraved, etc
          philmodjunk

AFAIK, converting an FMP 11 database is the only way to get these features on a FileMaker 12 layout.

• 2. Re: FM12 - Line Effects Gone? Embossed, Engraved, etc
            JoelCornette

Wow -- not the answer I was expecting.  Thought maybe I missed something because I can see the "line effects" in the pull-down from a FM11 file.  

Mega thanks for the fast reply / comment -- very disappointing, but helps me make decision to go back to FM11.  Aside from FM12 being much much sloooooooooooer than FM11.  (Even w/ FM12v2 still much slower).

Hopefully, the FM dev team will come out with a few updates to improve performance and get the LINE EFFECTS back in. Not a lot time to play with the cute themes -- rather design the user interface myself.   I will send a note to FM support, hopefully it will get to the right decision maker. (IMHO, this was not a good trade off.)

Mega Thanks Again ...