1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 28, 2014 10:49 AM by philmodjunk

FM12 client FM13 Server problem

RonTaylor

Title

FM12 client FM13 Server problem

Our school district has used Filemaker Pro for several years. Recently, the server was upgraded to version 13. We were told to stop using version 12 client because it was crashing the new server. I looked at your compatibility tables and it says that the 12 client is compatible. We are being told to only use the Web interface because it would cost too much to buy version 13 clients. The main feature that is missing in the web client is Table view.

Can you verify whether or not client 12 is compatible with server 13? If so, why would there be crashes reported when using client 12 to access the server 13?

• 1. Re: FM12 client FM13 Server problem
          philmodjunk

This is a question better asked in Report an Issue or via a phone call. The folks that see your posts here are nearly all fellow users and won't be able to answer all of your questions.

The main feature that is missing in the web client is Table view.

I would use List View in place of table view. You can produce exactly the same look but with better options for labeling the columns. The part that you lose is the ability to resize and re-order columns.

Frankly, due to the fact that column labels are the actual field labels and thus often very unfriendly to show to the user, I avoid using Table View as a view for general use in the first place. I reserve table view for my own use when analyzing/debugging data issues with the file.