3 Replies Latest reply on May 22, 2014 9:41 AM by philmodjunk

FM13 WebDirect slow because of saving fields as it goes

gregdc

Title

FM13 WebDirect slow because of saving fields as it goes

We are receiving a new set of complaints about WebDirect under FM 13.   Not all of my world wide customers have a high bandwidth connection.    So when they try to fill in a form on WebDirect it gives them long delays between each field, even if the field is just being tabbed through.

Is there no way to force the web page to save when a button is clicked? (Similar to the Submit button in FM 12)

• 1. Re: FM13 WebDirect slow because of saving fields as it goes
          philmodjunk

Go to layout setup and clear the option named "save record changes automatically".

• 2. Re: FM13 WebDirect slow because of saving fields as it goes
            gregdc

Phil,

Sorry for taking so long to get back to this problem.   I did clear the "Save layout changes automatically" that I found in Edit->Preferences->Layout.  I am still hearing from users with low bandwidth that they can not get past the first fields in a layout in WebDirect screen because of  flickering, data is being changed in the the first field(Name changes like Steve becoming eve), etc.   Is there any way we can could go back to the way FM12 worked with a Commit button?  

What would happen if I set back up a FM12 pro server with IWP and pointed it toward the current database tables which are being served up now by a FM 13 Server?   Is there anyway to point the FM12 to the FM13 DB?

• 3. Re: FM13 WebDirect slow because of saving fields as it goes
              philmodjunk

they can not get past the first fields in a layout in WebDirect screen because of  flickering, data is being changed in the the first field(Name changes like Steve becoming eve), etc.

That sounds like a known issue with Internet Explorer and a WebDirect database.

For More Information see:     Data entry becomes out of sequence and keystokes go missing in Web Direct

This is one of many acknowledged bugs that can be found in the Known Bug List thread here in the Report an Issue section of the forum.

It can also be downloaded as a database file from:    https://www.dropbox.com/s/jt09b82i0xijbu3/FMP%20Bugs.zip

What would happen if I set back up a FM12 pro server with IWP

That's really not something that I can help you with. I do know that IWP has much more limited interface design options--many features of your current layouts that work in WebDirect will not work in IWP.