3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 6, 2014 7:09 AM by KristinThomson

FM13: script to save records as PDF with dynamic naming and save to Dropbox

KristinThomson

Title

FM13: script to save records as PDF with dynamic naming and save to Dropbox

I am nearly complete a FM13 database that will be accessed simultaneously by about 10 users.  We are using a FM hosting company to host the file, and most users will access though WedDirect.

One of the tasks that users do is save a current record as a PDF and then email the PDF to a client. I was able to successfully write a script that used values to dynamically name the PDF, and automatically save it to a specific folder on my hard drive. Here is an example of a working script:

Set Variable [$filename; Value: Events::Headliner & " @ " & Events::Venue name & " " & "Changesheet #.pdf"
             Save Records as PDF [Restore; No dialog; "$filename"; Automatically open; Current record]

Output File Path List:

filemac:/Macintosh HD/Documents/Working/Bonfire/shows/$filename

However, as we implement this FM database, I can't figure out how to designate a filepath that will write PDFs to a shared Dropbox folder. I was able to do it for my own access to Dropbox, like so:

Set Variable [$filename; Value: Events::Headliner & " @ " & Events::Venue name & " " & "Changesheet #.pdf"
             Save Records as PDF [Restore; No dialog; "$filename"; Automatically open; Current record]

Output File Path List:

filemac:/Macintosh HD/Users/kristin/Dropbox/Bonfire/offers/$filename

...but script doesn't work if I login as another user or access via WebDirect. Clearly, the filepath needs variables -- and I've tried many -- but I can't get it to work. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Kristin