2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 4, 2012 3:55 PM by rmanook

FM7 to FM12 Files conversion to add new iPad Layouts?

StanAdell

Title

FM7 to FM12 Files conversion to add new iPad Layouts?

Is there a way to get the new layouts and themes in earlier version databases? I have many FM databases created with earlier versions. I upgraded to FM 12 to get the new iPad layouts, but they don't seem to be available unless I create a NEW database from a starter solution. 

• 1. Re: FM7 to FM12 Files conversion to add new iPad Layouts?
          philmodjunk

Does this mean that if you convert a .fp7 file to version 12 format, you can't add the new iPad layouts?

If so, you may want to post this in Report an Issue.

• 2. Re: FM7 to FM12 Files conversion to add new iPad Layouts?
            rmanook

Hi Stan Adell:

Thanks for posting.

FileMaker 12's themes are available to all new or converted FileMaker 12 files.  To apply an iPad theme to an existing layout, go to Layout Mode > Layouts menu > Change Theme.  The Change Theme window will appear.  From the Layout Themes section, select any theme with the word "Touch" in it.  One set, for example, is:

Cool Brown
            Cool Gray
            Cool Gray Touch

The Cool Gray Touch theme would be for the iPad.

Keep in mind that depending on the setup, some configuration/re-sizing may be required after applying the theme change.  

Also, if you don't already have an iPad specific layout created, you may want to create one using a new layout or by duplicating and configuring a preferred layout.  FileMaker 12's Screen and Device dimension tool (located to the left of the inspector button in Layout Mode's Status bar) can help with desiging a layout for the iPad's dimensions.

If the themes are unavailable post-conversion, as PhilModJunk suggested, you may want to start with an un/re-install of the software.

Hope this helps, but let me know if we're not on the same page.

Thanks,
            tsturtle
            FileMaker, Inc.