3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 16, 2012 9:11 PM by philmodjunk

FMP 12 Product Catalog Starter Solution Help With Picture Fields

tfmp13

Title

FMP 12 Product Catalog Starter Solution Help With Picture Fields

I have created a new database and I would like to duplicate the picture fields from the product details layout. There are 4 smaller container fields for adding pictures (mostly .jpg in my case) and then when viewing the layout you can select one of the smaller picture fields and it displays in the larger field (Products::Selected File | Container).

I have tried duplicating the starter solutions fields and calculations etc. but have not been able to get it to work in my new database. I've got a couple of books on FMP 12 ordered, but I doubt they will explain this set up where I will be able to understand it.  

I am new to FMP 12 and would greatly appreciate any help anyone can provide. I have used other database programs years ago (DOS based - before Windows), so I have a basic understanding of them. Not a complete novice anyway. 

Thank You,

Tom

• 1. Re: FMP 12 Product Catalog Starter Solution Help With Picture Fields
          philmodjunk

Have you set up the smaller container fields as buttons?

Did you define the auto-enter calculation specified for the large size container field? (This is a field option you can see if you double click the field's definition in Manage | database and then select calculation on the auto-enter tab.) And then there are OnObjectModify triggers on the container field that commit the record just as soon as you drag a file onto the container field.

The smaller fields are set up as buttons that enter the field's name into the Selected File field. The auto-enter calc then uses getField() with the field name stored in this field to copy the contents of the smaller container field that you clicked.

• 2. Re: FMP 12 Product Catalog Starter Solution Help With Picture Fields
            tfmp13

Thanks for the reply, I do not have them set up as buttons nor did I find the OnObjectModify triggers. I did find the calculations and copied them to my new layout, changing the references accordingly to match my new data fields. I thought I had studied the Starter Solution, looks like I need to go back and study some more taking in to account the new info you have provided here. Maybe I can figure it out then.

Thanks for the help,

Tom

• 3. Re: FMP 12 Product Catalog Starter Solution Help With Picture Fields
              philmodjunk

If you right click a field while in layout mode, you can select script triggers from the menu that pops up to see what triggers have been selected.