1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 24, 2013 5:57 PM by schamblee

FMP 12: Tutorial - Lesson 6, page 39

bails

Title

FMP 12: Tutorial - Lesson 6, page 39

Hello, this is obviously a "newbie" question. I am trying to follow the FMP12 Tutorial on "Create Mailing Labels" using the predefined layout for an Avery 5160 label. The tutorial indicates I should be able to hit "Enter" or "Return" to starting inserting more fields on the next line. However, each time I do so, a FileMaker Pro error dialogue box appears stating the following:

"There is only room for 0 lines of text on this layout. After creating the layout, use the layout tools to rearrange the objects so that more information can be displayed."

The labels generated don't look like the examples given in the Tutorial. What is going on? Is the predefined layout for Avery 5160 corrupt? Can I redefine/correct it?

Thanks for your help.

Lesson_6_Error.jpg

• 1. Re: FMP 12: Tutorial - Lesson 6, page 39
          schamblee

I do not get any error messages when I create a label using the Avery 5160.   I will list a few items you might try.

Try to create a new database with just four fields line1 to line4 and then create a labels layout and insert these four lines.  If this works I would say that there is corruption in your other database. 

You can run recover on your database to check for errors.  Filemaker will attemp to repair.

Make sure you have the most current updates and test again.

You may have a corrupt template and if so reinstalling Filemaker should fix that issue.  Remember to install updates again.