2 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2015 3:01 PM by JasonEmanuelson_1

FMP 13 howto vector graphics in layout

HeikoRobert

Title

FMP 13 howto vector graphics in layout

We are evaluating FM for windows. For the print layouts we need to include vector graphics to get high quality/small size PDF printouts. How could this be done?

I found howtos using Macintosh PICT format so I additionally installed FM on a mac but even on a mac PICT is not recognized as supported format.

PDF is only recognized on mac and is getting an ugly 72px image when working on windows.

EPS is not working at all (s. http://forums.filemaker.com/posts/6f2822aa24)

Are there ANY vector formats supported in FMP 13 to be placed on a (printing) layout? This would be a killer criteria for us for the FM use case. A work around would be to add vector graphics later by custom printer queues but this is not something I want to follow ...

Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: FMP 13 howto vector graphics in layout
          FilmUser

I place pdf's, jpgs, and other kinds successfully all the time, but always into a container field (global if I want the same image to appear in every record, like a letter head. I believe I have also used Illustrator .eps vector files as well, but not as often.

File menu>>Insert>>Picture and navigate to the file with the container field selected when you do this. Pay attention to the selection of storing only a link to the file to save file size. Depends how the image is accessed, who is sharing the file, etc.

One thing I've noticed, though - placement of a pdf into a container (eg-a form created in another program with fields place on top of it to display data) prints soft and unsharp in Windows, but prints beautifully on the Mac, don't know why.

• 2. Re: FMP 13 howto vector graphics in layout
            JasonEmanuelson_1

Why is it that Adobe Illustrator and EPS files show up as being a viable image types when inserting a picture into a layout, but fail every single time to actually be inserted, no matter what version? AI and EPS files have been around forever, yet release after release, you still cannot manage to support them? Must everything in a layout be rasterized? These two formats are industry standards.