AnsweredAssumed Answered

FMP 13 won't start after change of OSX User Accounts

Question asked by eliotr on Apr 19, 2014
Latest reply on Apr 19, 2014 by philmodjunk

Title

FMP 13 won't start after change of OSX User Accounts

Because of an unrelated problem, Apple had me switch to a newly created (OS X) User Account.  The data was transferred, but not the Home Library.  FMP will no longer open.  

Error Message: "This app has been installed incorrectly or modified by another program.  Please run the Installer to get a fresh copy of the app after determining the cause."

I can try installing again, but I wonder if it's complaining about FMP being installed in 2 accounts ... and reinstalling won't help.

Perhaps irrelevant?:  When I tried to open FMP by double-clicking a DB, I get the message: 'The document "myfilename.fmp12" could not be opened.  FMP Advanced cannot open files in the "FileMaker Document" format.'

I'd really like to get my databases back!!  Any help most appreciated.  Thanks.  -  Eliot

(BTW: I'm reluctant to delete the OLD OS X User Account immeditately in case I discover that I need info from the Lib, eg, License files, fancy settings, whatever.  I could try UNinstalling and reinstalling FMP (from the new user), if that were the issue.)

(FM Pro Advanced 13.0.2 on Macbook Pro running OS 10.9.2)

Outcomes